Jumping Jack: jumping that helps you lose weight
it’s time to warm up. You need to perform more movements to warm up the body and help it burn more calories. If you don’t have enough time to get to the gym, you can even jump on the spot in the apartment using the Jumping Jack exercise of the same name. It is aimed at active fat burning and is a jumping, during which there is a simultaneous breeding of arms and legs.
Jumping Jack: benefit
One of the main benefits of exercise is training the heart, which contributes to the overall health of the body. Jumping jack is an energy-intensive exercise that develops endurance. With the relative simplicity of the technique, exercises should be performed at a moderate pace by those who have recently started to play sports. It requires good physical fitness. If you’re just starting out in sports, do a comfortable number of reps
The versatility of the exercise lies in the ability to perform it anywhere and associate with any training programs, be it:
- morning warm-up to warm up the muscles;
- cardio training;
- circuit training, which involves alternating cardio and strength exercises;
- tabata workout;
- interval HIIT-trainings;
- post-workout exercise for working out the heart.
Jumping Jacks: execution technique
- A lightweight version for beginners . Starting position: legs are shoulder-width apart, arms are lowered at the sides along the body. Step to the side with one leg and bring your arms over your head. Return to starting position. Step with the other foot and bring your arms back over your head. Perform 3 sets of 30 seconds. This option is great for those new to the sport and those with physical injuries.
- Classic Jumping Jack. Starting position: legs are together, hands are lowered down. The abdomen is tense, the back is straight. As you inhale, take a jump with your legs apart at a level greater than shoulder-width apart and simultaneously raising your arms above your head. Try to move your arms and legs in sync. Through the jump, return to the starting position and repeat the movements. Perform 3 sets of 45 seconds.
- Air Jack. The exercise is performed in the same way as the classic one, but bouncing is added. Starting position: legs are together, hands are lowered down. The abdomen is tense, the back is straight. While inhaling, make a jump with the maximum extension of the arms and legs to the sides and return to the starting position. Perform 3 sets of 30 seconds.
To increase the effectiveness of the Jumping Jack exercise, you can use additional weights (additional weights on the arms or legs, dumbbells). And also by changing the direction of movement of the arms and legs.