20 Jan 2023
Monthly Archives: January 2023
1. Don’t sit down at the table hungry
Skipping breakfast or lunch seems like a good way to reduce the number of calories you eat in a day. But such a strategy will only increase hunger, and at the festive table you risk putting more food on your plate than necessary. In addition, ignoring meals can make you feel low on energy, tired, and have a headache. Try to stick to your regular eating schedule, even on holidays. Ideally , you should eat every 4-6 hours. If due to household chores there is not enough time for a full meal, make a light snack of vegetables or fruits.
2. Don’t Rely on the January Diet
Many people don’t restrict their food intake for the holidays in hopes of losing weight in January. This diet is called “Yo-yo”: a person loses weight, then gains it again. This approach can adversely affect the work of the heart. Fortunately, your health will improve once you return to a healthy diet .
In addition, fat loss from such a diet leads to a decrease in the level of leptin, a hormone that signals satiety. As a result, a person will feel hungry longer, even if objectively he has already overeaten. This approach makes the January diet useless: the body will quickly replenish those kilograms that it has already got rid of.
The best option for those who want to lose weight is to always eat a balanced diet and add regular exercise to your life.
3. Create a balanced menu
If you are celebrating the New Year at home, you can independently create a competent menu. Add lean meats, light salads and fruits to it. Consider how many guests will be at the holiday, and do not cook in reserve. First, when the table is bursting with snacks, it’s tempting to eat something tasty more, even if you’re not hungry. Secondly, it is not possible to store food that remains after New Year’s Eve for so long. For example, the shelf life of meat and fish dishes does not exceed 24 hours, and salads with mayonnaise – 12.
If you’re visiting and you don’t have the ability to influence the menu, then offer to bring a couple of low-calorie dishes. Let’s say you can make a festive stew of ground beef and vegetables or oatmeal pudding.
4. Eat a variety of foods
Try to fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables. This will help you feel full faster and reduce the number of calories. Eat slowly: It takes at least 20 minutes for your brain to realize that you are full.
On the New Year’s table there will be traditional dishes that are rarely prepared at other times of the year. For example, Olivier salad and herring under a fur coat. Eating everything at once is not the best idea. Instead, choose one or two of your favorite foods and limit yourself to just those.
5. Use small plates
The larger the dish, the more likely it is that you will fill the entire space with food. And if you are one of those people who have been taught from childhood not to leave food, it is easy to overeat. Try using a smaller plate – if after eating you feel hungry, then fill it again.
6. Choose your drinks wisely
It is advisable to limit alcoholbecause it increases appetite. In addition, alcoholic beverages are nutritious in themselves. A glass of wine can have as many calories as a piece of chocolate, and a pint of lager has the same nutritional value as a bag of chips.
Lemonade and soda are high in sugar. You may not even notice how you drank a few glasses. Sweet drinks can be replaced with low-calorie ones, such as iced tea, mineral water, and kombucha. Another option is to prepare water with fruit. Experiment before the holidays to find your favorite flavor. For example, lemon, basil, mint, cucumber, orange, or parsley can be added to the water.
7. Do not neglect physical activity
During the holidays, you may want to cancel training and completely surrender to rest. But some researchers believe that exercise helps prevent overeating because it makes it easier for the body to regulate appetite and eating behavior. Set aside time for them before the feast. Go to the skating rink, do yoga , or at least take a walk in the park.
During the feast, take breaks between meals, such as dancing. The food is completely digested for several hours, and it stays in the stomach for 40–120 minutes. The more proteins and fats in the products, the longer the body will absorb them.
8. Don’t be afraid to say no.
If you are persuaded to try a dish at a party, try to gently refuse. For example, you might say, “I heard this salad is delicious, but I can’t eat an ounce of food anymore.” Find something to compliment, such as saying you enjoyed the dessert, or commenting on the table setting. As a rule, this answer is sufficient. If persuasion continues, and you are afraid to offend the hosts of the evening, take a small portion.
16 Jan 2023
Let’s start with the basics. Most often, icy limbs are normal. Feet and hands are always the first to get cold and the last to get warm. It is a necessary element of the survival mechanism. (more…)
13 Jan 2023
Many people ask the question: is it possible to lose weight while doing yoga? Let’s try to figure it out and give an exhaustive answer to this question. In the Molot fitness club, you can visit Hatha Yoga classes in hammocks, which will help not only improve your health, but also get rid of extra pounds.
How many calories are spent per hour of yoga
Yoga is a great way to improve your health and get in shape. The results of the classes depend on the type of practice, which differ in the intensity of the loads. Such as Ashtanga, Bikram are classified as strength yoga programs, so you can burn more calories in training than, for example, doing a healing practice – Hatha yoga. On average, you can spend from 100 to 500 kcal per hour.
The most effective yoga practices for weight loss
- Ashtanga yoga. The practice focuses on meditation and proper breathing. Differs in intensity of performance of exercises. The exercises are structured in such a way that the load increases gradually. For an hour of classes, you can burn up to 300 kcal.
- Hatha yoga. The most popular and widespread practice. This type of yoga involves relatively easy asanas that focus on developing flexibility rather than strenuous exercise. Most exercises require static performance, which will develop the vestibular apparatus and a sense of balance.
- Power yoga (Ashtanga). The combination of Ashtanga yoga postures and aerobic exercises is called strength training. This type of training is carried out without rest stops. Strength exercises are replaced by stretching and breathing asanas, which allows you to remove lactic acid from the muscles. It takes strength to master the postures. In addition, this type consists of meditation and cardio training. It is believed that Ashtanga classes can cleanse the body of toxins. Power yoga allows you to lose weight and build muscle. The result depends a lot on the individual, which is why yoga instructors refrain from making accurate predictions of how many calories can be burned while doing this practice. Power yoga is recommended for everyone, including physically poorly developed people.
- Bikram yoga. The most intense, and literally hot type of yoga, as training takes place in a room where the air temperature is not lower than 40 degrees. The duration of the lesson is one and a half hours. It includes a complex of 26 asanas and 2 breathing exercises, which are performed in a certain order. Bikram yoga is a great way to relax, detoxify and improve flexibility. The practice is suitable for absolutely everyone, regardless of the physical fitness of a person. Due to intense sweating, this type of yoga is considered the most effective for burning extra calories.
Advantages and disadvantages of yoga for weight loss
When choosing the best weight loss practice for you, you must not only rely on the number of calories burned, but also take into account all the advantages and disadvantages of the practice.
Pros of doing yoga:
- Restores the body as a whole, including normalization of weight.
- Classes of various types of yoga are suitable for people suffering from various degrees of obesity.
- Exercise has a positive effect on health, lifestyle and diet.
- There are practically no contraindications to yoga for medical reasons.
- Classes have a positive effect on the emotional state and stimulate a person to self-improve in the future.
- Yoga classes can be attended, regardless of weather conditions and seasons.
- Classes do not require the use of additional equipment and sports equipment.
Cons of doing yoga for weight loss:
- Yoga classes are not specifically aimed at weight loss, but rather an additional bonus, so you should not give preference to practices solely for the purpose of losing weight.
- Finding a qualified instructor is quite difficult. There is a chance to get into a charlatan or into a sect. Therefore, it is recommended to apply only to sports clubs that conduct yoga classes.
- Self-study from books and videos can lead to undesirable consequences, ranging from injury to a sharp deterioration in health.
- Yoga practices are so diverse that it is quite difficult to choose the one that is ideal for you. An experienced instructor will help you make the right choice.
From the foregoing, we can conclude: when choosing a practice, you should not pay special attention to calorie consumption. First of all, it is necessary to concentrate on the quality of performing asanas and proper nutrition. In the end, you will be able not only to improve your health, but also to get rid of extra pounds. A professional instructor will select the most optimal set of exercises, depending on the goals that a person sets for himself.
08 Jan 2023
Combining yoga and strength training or not depends on what goal you set for yourself. The additional load of training to increase muscle mass will slow down recovery and adversely affect growth. If your goal is to keep your body in good shape, then yoga will perfectly complement your classes. (more…)
06 Jan 2023