How to Lose Belly Fat: Effective Exercise, Massage Techniques, and Nutrition Rules
How to remove the belly fat and whether it makes sense to pump up the abs – these questions worry girls not only before the bathing season. Many of them have been struggling with unwanted deposits for years, but the result never comes. Before you start pumping the abs hard, let’s look at the reasons for the appearance of excess belly fat.
Why does excess belly fat appear?
The most important reason for the appearance of belly fat is an unhealthy diet, namely:
- consuming trans fats, which are found in large quantities in french fries, chips, mayonnaise, ice cream, waffles, donuts, cakes, rolls and convenience foods;
- lack of healthy fats (omega-3) in the diet;
- lack of vegetables and fruits in the diet.
Also, the reasons for the accumulation of fat in the abdomen can be:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- stress and lack of sleep;
- uneven posture.
How to lose belly fat
In order to achieve results, an integrated approach is important. Exercise alone will not be enough, as are dietary adjustments. But if you adjust the diet, connect exercises and add massage, you can achieve excellent results in a short period.
Exercises for a flat stomach
This effective exercise helps to engage both the superficial and deep abdominal muscles, including the transverse.
The exercise is best done while standing and on an empty stomach. We take several free breaths and exhalations, then exhale all the air from the lungs through the nose. We hold our breath for a few seconds, pull in the stomach and tighten the abdominal muscles as much as possible. We try to stay in this position for several seconds. Then we calmly inhale and relax the stomach.
Perform 5-10 times.
One of the best exercises to clear the belly and get rid of problem areas.
Stand in a plank with straight arms. In the jump, pull your knees to your chest and straighten, jumping sharply up with your arms raised, then immediately bend over and put your palms on the floor. Then return to the plank, fully straightening your body. If this exercise is difficult for you, try not jumping out in place when you straighten up.
Perform 10-15 times.
This exercise not only pumps the rectus and oblique muscles of the abdomen but also loads the shoulder girdle well.
Stand in a plank with straight arms. Bring your right knee to your right elbow and then your left knee to your left, being careful not to lower your pelvis to the floor or lift your buttocks up high. Do the exercise alternately on both legs.
Perform 10-15 times on each side.
A classic abdominal exercise that actively loads the rectus abdominis muscles, increasing their strength.
Lie on the mat, bend your knees, cross your arms at the back of your head. Lift the top of the body by twisting around the press area. Do not lift your back completely. Do the exercise slowly, lingering for a second at the top point.
Perform 15-20 times.
Exercise for beginners not only develops the rectus abdominis muscle, but also includes the muscles of the lumbar spine and buttocks in the work.
Lie on your stomach and stretch the upper and lower limbs along. After that, you need to raise your right leg and left arm up, lifting your limbs off the floor. Then return to the starting position, and then raise your left leg and right arm. Perform the exercise alternately on both sides.
Perform 10-15 times on each side.
In addition to abdominal exercises, cardio workouts are good at burning belly fat – walking up the stairs, jogging, jumping rope, and others.
Home massage for a flat stomach
At home, you can try different techniques, from simple to more complex. Massages are recommended to be done in courses of 7-10 procedures. After several sessions, it will become clear which technique is most effective:
1. Manual massage – performed with palms – first with light circular movements, then tingling and patting.
2. Vacuum – home cupping massage – an affordable alternative to the hardware offered by salons. To perform such a massage, you will need silicone massage jars and any cosmetic oil. The massage is performed in a circular motion for 3 to 15 minutes.
3. Honey – well tightens flabby, lack of tone skin. Liquid honey is applied to the body, then the palms are pressed against the stomach and abruptly come off. Patting movements affect all layers of the skin and subcutaneous fatty tissue, improve blood circulation. In addition, honey softens the skin well, smoothes and nourishes it.