Top most effective exercises for elastic buttocks at home
An article on how to quickly pump up the muscles of the buttocks, we will start with a short course in anatomy. We understand that reading about anatomy is not very interesting, and sometimes boring. But this is the case when we strongly recommend that you learn how the gluteal muscles work. At least then, to understand which exercises are the most suitable and effective for pumping the buttocks.
Anatomy of the gluteal muscles
The buttocks consist of three paired muscles – large, medium, small.
Gluteus maximus muscle
It is with this largest and largest muscle that we associate the buttocks. It is located above the lower and middle gluteal muscles and almost completely covers them.
- participates in hip extension and external rotation of the hip;
- supports the body in a standing position;
- helps to return to the starting position after tilting.
The muscle is involved in work during pushing movements with legs, jumping, stepping, while climbing stairs, when switching from walking to running. Also works with squats and all hip and torso extension exercises.
It is located under the gluteus maximus, as if “peeping out” from behind and from the side. The middle muscle creates the volume of the upper part of the buttocks and completes their beautiful shape.
- stabilizes the position of the pelvis and femur;
- participates in the rotation of the thigh outward, inward and its abduction to the side.
The muscle is active during any exercise involving adduction/abduction and rotation of the hips, as well as during the initial stage of walking. At the same time, her work is closely connected with a whole group of muscles-stabilizers of the body.
If you know firsthand about the “pits” on the buttocks, training this muscle will help you correct the situation.
It resembles the gluteus medius in its shape, but is thinner and the deepest of the three muscles. You can’t feel it – the small gluteal is completely blocked by the large and middle gluteal muscles.
The functions of the gluteus minimus and medius are similar, and they usually work together:
- hip abduction;
- pelvic stabilization and balance while walking.
The value of the buttocks for your health
The gluteal muscles are not given to us just to sit on them evenly.
Strong buttocks are a good posture, which means that the lungs straighten out better, more oxygen enters the organs and tissues.
Remember the posture of the gymnasts when they step onto the platform. Do you know what words the coach says to them, sending the athletes to the start? “Keep your ass!”
Strong gluteal muscles fix the pelvis, this directly affects the position of the spine. With weak buttocks during body turns, dangerous bends can occur, which leads to protrusions and pain in the lower back.
The knee joints do not have their own stabilizing muscles – they are all concentrated in the buttocks. When you skate, jump, run, climb stairs, it is the gluteal muscles that provide balance. And the stronger they are, the more protected your knees are.
The purpose of exercises for the buttocks
Exercises targeting the gluteal muscles will help:
- form the relief of the gluteal region;
- give volume to flat buttocks;
- tighten sagging muscles;
- remove the “breeches” on the hips, subject to correction of nutrition;
- get rid of cellulite.
Which gluteus muscle needs to be pumped more than others
Each of the gluteal muscles is responsible for certain functions, and if one of them “does not work”, then we will not get the kind of buttocks that we could have. Therefore, even if a muscle is called small, this does not mean that less attention can be paid to it.
Despite the fact that the relief is formed by the gluteus maximus, with weak internal muscles, the buttocks will resemble a poorly inflated balloon that shrinks with every touch. Therefore, both small and medium should be trained as intensively as the gluteus maximus muscle – after all, they are all equally responsible for the elasticity and firmness of the buttocks.
Is it possible to radically change the shape of the buttocks and hips
It cannot be changed, but it is quite possible to correct and improve the general condition of the gluteal zone. It is enough to remove excess fat by changing the diet, and pump up muscles with effective exercises for the buttocks. True, there is also an option with a surgical operation, but this is not our way. After all, the main thing is health and beauty, and not vice versa. By the way, the fashion for thin people passes. Hooray!
The five most effective exercises for the growth of the gluteal muscles
Most importantly, at the beginning of training, put the technique of performing exercises for the buttocks at the forefront. Correctly performed exercise is a guarantee of results. Otherwise, you can not only not achieve the desired effect, but also get health problems. And only after mastering the correct technique, you can increase the number of repetitions, use weights, and speed up the pace of the exercises. That is, in various ways to increase the training load for the formation of elastic and toned buttocks.
Below are five of the most popular working exercises for pumping the buttocks. All of them take into account the anatomy of the gluteal muscles, and therefore their regular implementation guarantees an effect. For beginners, the number of repetitions is 10-12 times in each approach.
Squats in various variations
This is the basis for the formation of elastic gluteal muscles. The main thing is to perform squats technically correctly.
- When squatting, keep your back straight, take your buttocks back. Make sure that the bent knees do not go beyond the toes.
- Try to do the deepest squats – so the effect will be greater.
- Perform the exercise for the buttocks at a slow pace, linger for 25-30 seconds at the bottom point. This increases the effectiveness of the workout.
Accented exercise for the buttocks and thighs. Exercise options – walking, jumping, on a pedestal, with dumbbells. Particular attention is paid to the execution technique.
- Keep your back straight and your chin up.
- Alternately putting one leg forward, make sure that the second is bent at a right angle and does not come into contact with the floor.
- The knee in front of the standing leg should not go beyond the toe.
The wider you step and the slower the pace of the exercise, the better the gluteal muscles are worked out. A more complicated version of lunges is weight training. Dumbbells can be used as weighting agents, and in their absence, ordinary plastic water bottles or impressive books.
Exercise loads not only the muscles of the thighs and buttocks, but also the lumbar region, which also affects the appearance.
- Lie on the floor, bend your knees at a right angle.
- Lifting your pelvis off the floor, strive to ensure that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- In this position, tighten the muscles of the buttocks as much as possible, linger for 1-2 seconds and return to the starting position.
This is a complicated version of the classic lunges, which is used to accentuate the gluteal muscles.
- Stand with your back to any hill – sofa, chair, bed.
- Place your back foot on the support, lean on it with the toe of the foot.
- Squat down on your other leg until your front leg is at a right angle to the floor.
- Perform the exercise slowly, feel the tension of the gluteal muscles.
Make sure that the weight of the body does not shift forward, and that the knees do not go beyond the line of the toes. The center of gravity should be in the middle. Otherwise, the knee joint will be overstressed.
Raising legs from an emphasis lying
An effective exercise pumps not only the gluteal muscles, but also the press.
- Take an emphasis lying down – the body is even, as in a plank, arms are straightened, the face is lowered down.
- Raise your legs alternately, lingering at the top for a couple of seconds. Keep your balance.
- If doing the exercise is easy, use fitness rubber bands to achieve a greater effect.
Will exercises for the growth of the buttocks get rid of cellulite?
Cellulite on the buttocks causes considerable suffering to women. And not just for those who are overweight. What is the cause of cellulite, and how to get rid of it in a month,
The best orange peel results come from exercises that involve the lower body. Lunges, squats, glute bridge load the muscles of the buttocks and legs well – these are just the exercises that pump the gluteal muscles. You can add glute swings to the set of exercises. You can perform them in several ways – with a straight or bent leg, on your side, standing, on all fours, to the side with a straight and bent leg. Your buttocks will get the maximum load and will literally “burn”.
Technique for performing glute swings
- Starting position – standing on all fours. The back is straight, the body and abs are tense.
- Bend your leg and lift it as high as possible, then return to the starting position. Repeat until burning in the buttocks.
- The effect will increase if you pull the sock towards you – so, along with the muscles of the thigh and buttocks, the lower legs are included in the work.
It is optimal to perform glute swings at the end of a workout in order to additionally “finish off” problem areas.
How do cardio loads affect the gluteal muscles
When you think of cardio, the first thing that comes to mind is running. But is it possible to pump the buttocks with the help of running?
When you run, almost all muscle groups work, and the gluteal muscles are no exception. The muscles of the back of the thigh, all the gluteal muscles – large, medium and small, receive the load. The iliopsoas muscle, which is responsible for hip flexion, is being worked out.
But do not expect a special effect from the usual walking run.
The gluteal muscles are pumped during high-intensity running, with acceleration, uphill, up and down the stairs. And also when performing special running exercises – throwing the heel behind the back, with raising the hip.